Forest School Assistant needed, for a project in partnership with the Institute of Mental Health
I am seeking a Level 2 or Level 3 trained Forest school Assistant to work with me on Monday afternoons, starting in September, at my Forest school site near Heanor, DE75 7JH.
We will be working with a small group of primary age pupils from Crabtree Farm School in Bulwell, with Social, Emotional and Mental Health needs, who are facing particular challenges, increased by the current pandemic.
The project is well supported by the school, and we will be working with the SENCO, plus additional school support staff, depending on the needs of the children.
The project is part funded and supported by the Institute of Mental Health at Nottingham University, who will be undertaking a full evaluation of its impact on the well being of young people.
If you are interested, please contact Lauren@intothewildwood.co.uk with a CV and covering letter, explaining why you are interested and what you can bring to the role
Closing date: 9th July 2021
Salary: £13 per hour
3 hours per week 12.30pm to 3.30pm on Mondays, term time only
Required skills, attributes and experience:
· Level 2 or Level 3 Forest School qualification
· Experience of supporting Forest School sessions
· Experience working with primary age children, and ideally with children with Special Educational Needs.
· Knowledge and passion for nature and the outdoors and comfortable working outdoors in all weathers
· A commitment to a child led, play based approach
· A love of working with children and a commitment to their physical and emotional well being
· An interest in working to the Forest School Association good practice guidelines for quality Forest School provision
· An ability to ensure safeguarding and health and safety procedures are adhered to at all times.
· Able and willing to help set up the sessions and pack things away
· Ability to work as part of a team
To find out more about me and my approach to Forest school:
Follow the link to my video: https://youtu.be/ahtfb0Fe_IQ.